Sisters

 
It struck me while watching the girls play how many things are similar yet so different with them as with my sister Kim and me.  Brenna is 10 years older then Lilly just like I am of my sister. They also have different mothers just like Kimmie and I do.
The difference is they are getting to grow up together. They see one another every week. Brenna lives with us almost half the month. Kim and I only saw one another a handful of times while she was growing up. It has only been the last 11 years that we have REALLY been in one another lives. I look at the girls and I have a wide range of emotions. I am overjoyed  that the girls have one another and would never have it any other way. But it shows me how much Kim and I missed. I wish more than anything I would of been able to rock her when she was a baby, to tickle her and braid her hair and have her look at me with the same hero worship that Lilly looks at Brenna.
 Now let me say... Over the past 11 years we have become as close as sisters can be. She is my best friend and my heart. We are building new memories together every chance we get. I am so thankful that these sisters will never have to catch up. It is so wonderful that they live only 15 minutes from one another. They will be able to be a part of all the big and small events of each others lives. I pray they look back on this time together and cherish these memories and always cherish one another. I pray they will be best friends just like I am with Kim, but even a stronger bond that only growing up together can bring.
 
 






 
 
I hope our girls (and boys) will also know how blessed they are to have a wonderful man as Jeff as their father. If my father would have done what was right I would not have missed out being a part of my sister and brothers lives. My husband is everything a father should be and works very hard at being a good father and does his best so our children can have the best childhoods possible. Blending families is not always easy. Especially one like ours where each of our children has their own unique story. But I think we have done a pretty good job and I hope each one of our little monkeys know how special they are and how our family would not be the same with out them.
I love this picture but it makes me miss our Sara even more.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Potty Training...

Brennas 13th Birthday

My Super Hero's