Our Story...

One of my favorite blogs is Kelly's Korner. She is doing a link up party on adoption.
 
Adoption is my favorite subject. Adoption is the most beautiful word in the world to me.
I know that I have talked here and there in my blog about our experience but for this link party I would share once again some of our story.
 
 
Since I was old enough to know what a baby was all I wanted was to be a Mommy. While other little girls talked about growing up to be a teacher, lawyer, doctor or what ever, I wanted to grow up and be a Mommy. When I was 18 my dream came true. I had a beautiful baby girl. Sara was born in October 1991. I was young and had no clue what I was in for but some how we made it. I learned so much from her. I learned what true love was. In my heart I knew I was not done. I just did not know that the journey that God had mapped out would be so long and painful.
 
I dreamed for years to have more children. I prayed. I begged God for years and years.
In May of 2006 I married my best friend. Jeff at the time had 2 small children. Brenna was 5 and Oliver was 16 months. You will need to know for further in the story that they have different mother's. Jeff has the same love for children I do and he had the same desire to grow our family.
The doctor told us there was no way that would happen the natural way. We were heart broken. I really thought that this is it. I just need to except the fact that I will never have another baby. The hole in my heart was so deep. But I still prayed. I prayed that if it was not to happen for God to take the desire out of my heart. I prayed that he would perform a miracle and I would get pregnant. I prayed to have a baby through adoption.
 
In October of 2008 Oliver, who was three, came to live with us. I was so happy to have him with us. He was (and still is) the sweetest little boy. I was nervous and was afraid of becoming to attached to him. We at this time did not know if we would be able to keep him or not.
 
This picture was taken out side the court house minutes after the judge granted us custody of Oliver
 
 And we met a amazing woman who asked to adopt her baby. In March Colt Edward was born. He was the most beautiful perfect baby boy I ever laid eyes on. I still cry when I remember the joy of holding him the first time.  My heart was full. I was is in total love. Colt's adoption was the most perfect adoption story you can imagine. To this day we are still very close to his first mother. She is a big part of our lives.  More so then what we first thought. She is my hero.Jeff even gave her a job. She has even baby set for us. Her oldest son has sleep overs with Oliver
 
This was right after Colt was born. The first time I held him.

 
In August 2010 Lilly's birth mother came to our door and asked us adopt her unborn baby. We found out shortly after that it was a girl and we had two weeks of bliss. Then our world turned up side down. The birth mom was real wishy washy and but us through hell. The next three and a half months were the most difficult of our lives. But on December 6 2010 Lilly Elizabeth was born. And she was ours. She was worth all the torment and pain. As hard as that time was for us, Jeff and I drew so close to one another and we leaned on God in away we never have before. We learned so much about ourselves and one another. After what we went through I know that we will be able to face anything and everything that is thrown our way. I also believe as hard as the devil fought to keep Lilly from us, that God has a extra special plan for her. I am excited to see what He has planned for our littlest princess.
 
My favorite first picture of Lilly. This was the first time Colt saw her. He was in total aw of her.
 
In June of 2012 Lilly's birth mom dropped off Lilly's bio sister on our doorstep. She was 5 weeks old. They named her Serenity. We renamed her Saylor. I was in love. She was our baby. I knew it. 2 weeks later she changed her mind. we had to hand the baby back over. This was the most difficult thing in the world to do. I still feel like a part of my heart was killed that day. I think about her every day. I am scared for her. Her mother is basically a prostitute who moves from one crack house the  other. Her Grandmother has the older child who is Colt's age and I just pray that Saylor (as she will always be called by us) is with her and safe.
 
Our beautiful Saylor. My arms and heart still ache for her.
 
Brenna is my bonus daughter. She is 12 now and spunky little thing. She lives with her mom but is with us 12 or more days out of the month. She really is a wonderful big sister. Lilly and Colt beyond adore her but Ollie says she gets on his nerves..Ha!
Oliver is still with us and always will be. His mother does not see him at this time and even though he loves her very much he sees me as his Mommy. He is such a beautiful, funny little boy.
Also in 2009 Jeff adopted Sara. She is officially a Robnett:) She now lives in Colorado with her boy friend, Michael. They have been together since she was 17 and plan on being married someday.

 
 
Here is a picture with all our monkeys. It was taken last March when Sara was home for a visit.
She will be back this March.. Looking forward to a recent one and curious to see what color hair she will have:)

 
We still have a desire for one more. We are looking forward to hopefully really soon to share that a new little monkey will be joining our zoo so stay tuned :)


"Delight yourself in the Lord with all your heart and He will give you all the desires of your heart"
Psalms 37:4
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Potty Training...

Brennas 13th Birthday

My Super Hero's